Thursday, February 28, 2008

Leap Year Cake

So. I made my first two cakes after starting my new obsession of wanting to learn how to decorate cakes. This first one is a "Leap Year" cake. I am very happy with how it looks. I'm excited to have worked with fondant successfully.

It probably tastes like crap. I got tired and didn't go the route of using the recipes I found for better tasting fondant (buttercream fondant or marshmallow fondant) as I was tired from all the other baking. So, I used the store bought stuff (by Wilton found at Michael's Craft). It isn't as horrible tasting in my mind, but I know people hate fondant, which means they won't like this (prepackaged stuff). Also, inside, I used a gluten free cake mix (dad's allergic to wheat gluten) and it kind of tastes like cornbread, so not sure how great the cake will be either. Hopefully the cheesecake pudding and strawberries I put in the middle, will help.

Just in case I'll serve ice cream and fruit... but I do like how the cake looks :)

No comments: